Thursday, 9 January 2014

small happiness





















.
I have been ill at home, fighting off a virus, I'm not good with the winter months and bugs, if there is a bug I will catch it and be the last to shake it off, a few people at my work are also off with what must be the same thing
.
I have been enjoying the small pleasures, the simple happiness that little things can provide, I have not been outdoors properly for over a week which has been strange.
.
my hyacinth has flowered and I made a new cushion cover
.
I have started a new project which is really good for me, I haven't worked on something since I finished my Masters in September, I think I needed the break but now I am ready. I am using vintage French linens with small stains on and hiding the stains with simple stitching, this is the first one I have done which still needs completing on the front, it has a simple fur tree design hand stitched around the top on the back of the dress and around the hem on the front. I am enjoying doing it and being indoors has given me time to do it on and off in between naps
.
the rest of the photos are things new to me that have arrived in the post recently, some beautiful linen and lace tops and this amazing Muji dress that comes packaged in a cube and a new (to me) vintage bag that appears to be unused
.


6 comments:

  1. Loving all the pretty things here. Hope you're soon feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no - you´re sick too! hopefully we´ll all get better soon and can get started with our projects:) that pink top is so pretty... vintage?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes vintage, from ebay, I feel better, I hope you do too x

      Delete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment and peek at what interests and inspires me, it is a pleasure to read what you write and I shall always reply directly here to what you say or ask ...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain